Monday, May 10, 2010

Fall (I know).



all images courtesy of Shabd Simon Alexander

Yes, I am fully aware it's not even technically summer.

Tipped of By Ilana (who is working on what promises to be a super cute forthcoming SP/SU '10 collection ) about Shabd's Fall 2010 collection.
Can't get enough of this designer's work.

Fashion moves at such a crazy pace, I often feel sorry for designers. It must be maddening to work in that way. Thinking so far ahead...

I finally got into my studio this weekend and made a raw-edged linen tank (photos to follow). I feel really energized now, and all I want to do is sew, but by the time you read this, I'll be at my day job...50 hours a week...ugh.

In a similar vein: Mociun F/W 2010 here.

6 comments:

Megan Taylor said...

oh it's good as summer!!!

Mae said...

50 hours a week! I don't know how you do it Jennifer. xo

Cheryl Cambras said...

love these! congrats on jump-starting the studio!

Katie said...

Can't wait to see the tank.... And glad you're reenergized!

Janis said...

I second Jenny's comment, you really do deserve a metal for working 50 hours - AND working on your clothing line too :^) Whew, energy...

Jennifer said...

Okay okay- telling the truth- 50 hours is a bit misleading...
10 out of those 50 hours are spent driving to and from work.'
One hour there, one hour back. 40-45 minutes each way on a good traffic day.
I should have a bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be sewing." :)