Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Keep Feeling Procrastination *

IMG_4157

IMG_4162

sc034d1302

Above: Image from "More Last Minute Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson.

IMG_1158

Above: Chanel. Image via the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute.

IMG_1221

Above: Both Balenciaga. Images via the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute.

IMG_1211

Above: Chanel.
Below: Frances Denney.

Images via the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute.

IMG_1165


* with apologies to Joanna ;)

OK-- the Thanksgiving Holiday is almost upon us, and the title of this post is a slight exaggeration, (but not really). I did brave Food Hole - whoops- I mean Whole Foods yesterday to pick up the 20+ plus pound bird that we will attempt to cook tomorrow for 12 adults and several kids, and entertain house guests the past couple of days, and enter data into Big Cartel for the shop, etc. etc.

BUT- I am also addicted to procrastinating from all the cooking and cleaning that must happen by posting images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute to my
Tumblr (above are some Christmas-y/ Holiday images from the Met I decided to post here), and making these little bracelets also pictured above (which may make their way into a couple of ERMIE orders as surprise gifts) based on the Seed Stitch Bracelet project from More Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

I wanted to tell you, too, if you are in the Los Angeles area about this Holiday Sale going on Sunday featuring the work of Katie and Julie from the Slow Season. I may not be able to make it- but maybe you can!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, and friends, Jen! I'm very impressed about the turkey... I luck out and just show up to eat the results of my cousin's cooking (and do dishes)!

Anonymous said...

Please, no apologies! So funny! (And so true!) ; )
xoxo