Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Comfort

IMG_0752
IMG_0755
IMG_0763

Above - Textile Design © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2010

IMG_0759
IMG_0758
IMG_0760
IMG_0769

Tomory and I needed some major comfort food last week, so after hearing about this recipe on NPR, I decided to give it a whirl. So easy! Just a little planning ahead is involved.

Earlier in the day I gutted the pumpkins, prepared the stuffing (I used Gruyere, bacon, chives, day-old baguette, salt, pepper- and later heavy cream with plenty of freshly grated nutmeg), and roasted the seeds (why waste them?).


So satisfying- but one 1 lb pumpkin could have easily fed us both- especially with the sauteed greens tossed with pomegranate seeds (from our yard!) that I made as a side.

Thank goodness we started biking- we rode around the Rose Bowl the day I made this- a light meal this is not. But I love food. Comfort will pretty much always win out over worrying about calories with me!

7 comments:

Janis said...

The best comfort food happens in autumn/winter don't you think? Love that you tried this complicated recipe - my hero!

So glad to hear your relative is doing better.

Guusje said...

WOW, that recipe is just stunning! Thanks!!!

whitney reeder said...

roasted pumpkin seeds are one of the best things about fall.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm using pumpkins in different way....very nice

Megan Taylor said...

Look at you! Those pumpkins looks incredible :) You're such a great blogger!

P R I M O E Z A said...

yum! that sounds delicious. hungry now.

Anonymous said...

those pumpkins look divine. i wanted to jump into my computer screen and grab one.