Thursday, November 18, 2010

IMG_0926
IMG_0924

Above: Working on my Wiksten Tova Dress. Sometimes I need a break from my own stuff.
I love Jenny's patterns. The fabric I'm using is the most beautiful Liberty print from their current stunning F/W collection.


IMG_4097
IMG_0913

Renegade carrots harvested from our yard yesterday.


5183880046_bf22f2915b_z

Above- Photo Credit: Whitney Reeder.


Assortment of photos from today and yesterday.

Whitney has some beautiful photographs of the Magic Marker Scarf
she won (and beautiful photographs in general) on her blog.

Congratulations to Patti Smith who was awarded the National Book Award
for her memoir "Just Kids." Readers of this blog know of my admiration for both Smith and Mapplethorpe, (my posts on PS are by far my most visited daily). I cannot stress how pivotal this book was for me this year. It gave me the courage to quit a job which was not right for me and pursue my art.

Tomorrow I have a photo shoot scheduled for the collection with Jeana and Carlee. Feeling excited, nervous- but overall blessed to work with these very talented women whom I admire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! have fun with the shoot. did you get a model ?

Jennifer said...

Yes,
Carlee is my model! Jeana will be taking the photographs. Exciting...and should be fun, too.

Jennifer said...

Jen, I thought of you when I read the great news that Patti Smith's book won the National Book Award... I remember you writing about how much it meant to you.

Have loads of fun on your photo shoot! Jeana's work is so great, your designs are amazing, and with a fab model, how can it not come out incredible?!?

P R I M O E Z A said...

shoot sounds like fun! i like your tags - good idea with the 'pinked' edges (i don't know how else to describe it!).