Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thanks

IMG_0794
IMG_0783

Back from Denver. Our relative is recovering, and should hopefully be discharged today. Her outcome was looking really bad before Tomory and I went out there, but thankfully things turned around. Knock wood.
If there is one thing I learned while working as a nurse, it is that the body has a miraculous quality to heal itself - with the help of good nurses and doctors- , and to expect the unexpected.

It snowed in Denver while we were there.
I thoroughly enjoyed all of the Fall colors and cooler temperatures. Today it's sunny and crisp, and a bit summery in L.A.
T & I just returned about an hour ago from a bike ride in the Arroyo. Beautiful.

Some snapshots I took besides the above from Denver may be viewed on my Tumblr. (Love Tumblr. It's so easy to use!) As well as some welcome distractions- this Tumblr blog (amazing!) and this visual resource site, where I may have found the most beautiful dress ever.

Thanks to all who wrote, called, emailed through this difficult time.

xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to what might be the best. weather. ever. in LA!

so happy to hear that your relative is recovering.

xo joanna

Jennifer said...

What a relief that your relative is doing much better! I am very happy that she is improving and wish her a continuing great recovery.

claire said...

Happy for her!
Your first photo looks like your fabric's design!

Katherine said...

Happy news, wishing a speedy recovery to your relative.
I just stumbled upon your lovely blog. Your occupation is one I've always desired. Designing fabric!
I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

Megan Taylor said...

as always your pictures are divine...sending good thoughts and love to you and your family :)

Unknown said...

yeesh. Just checking in here after some time. I hope everything's OK. Adam.