Sunday, March 27, 2011

pancakes

carnitas

photo-35

I'm not usually such a blatant copycat, but after Heather posted about breakfast at Cacao, I had to go & order exactly what she ordered. I'm usually a savory breakfast person, but Mexican Pancakes (made with Blue Corn and Plantains) and Hot Chocolate sounded too good to pass up.
I had been to Cacao a couple times before (it's right next to our Trader Joe's - a good place to stop in for a quick bite to prevent grocery shopping whilst hungry) but never for breakfast.
My meal was delicious and filling - I could only eat 1/2 of the pancakes- but I couldn't help but have a little food envy for Tomory's Carnitas and Strawberry Agua Fresca.


Speaking of Strawberries...I also had the chance to try this Samuel Smith Organic Strawberry Beer this weekend. Oh my! Wow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM. Also, those blue and white dishes are fantastic. Definitely feeling a blue and white kitchen happening in my future.

Galit said...

Oh wow. Lucky me I'm right after a beautiful dinner...


P.S. Love your new photo! (and haircut?)

Anne-Marie said...

You always make me so darn hungry.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Galit.
Yes, new haircut...shorter- but it's quickly growing out...will need a trim soon!

Anne-Marie--I know the feeling.
Natasha's blog almost always makes me hungry:
http://popcornplays.wordpress.com/