Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Corner View: Cityscapes







Many people think of the Hollywood sign when they think of L.A. Not me. It's not a part of my everyday experience here. I live in a totally different neighborhood from where the Hollywood sign is located. Highland Park is where I live. I think cities are all about the little neighborhoods they are comprised of. Walking around. Finding the quirks and secrets of your neighborhood. When I think of Los Angeles...I think of all the murals and graffiti. I think of all the little houses in the neighborhood, and the greenery and the taco trucks...these are some images from around my neighborhood, work and commute.

** Edit: Sorry...I just realized that we were to go to the highest point in the city and take a picture. Not even sure where that would be! Griffith Observatory, maybe?

click here for other Cityscapes
!

9 comments:

Palmer and Co said...

L O V E these photos! I've been wanting to go out and shoot some graffiti. Beautiful colors! Fun to see your 'hood'!

Happy Day!

MisterE said...

I would have never guessed this was LA. Thanks for sharing these great pictures.

denise said...

Nice! I was looking for my graffiti pic and must have deleted it off of my camera. I love the intense color and chaos of graffiti.

Nice!!

Anonymous said...

It's nice that a big city such as LA can still have a sense of neighborhood!

Janis said...

I am missing LA...I took some photos when I lived down there and if I ever find them I will share them with you. Graffiti was big then too :) Love your perspective, unique as always...

outi said...

oh i also missed the highest point, but we can make it another time, right;)
beautiful photos! i like those graffiti walls mixed with the flowers.

erica said...

griffith, probably. i like taking photos from the getty, too.

i always think of graffiti when i think of LA. it has such a strong mural tradition, too.

i wish i still lived out there! great photos! highland park really is a fun neighborhood.

natsumi said...

I have been to LA for a couple of times and I always impress how beautiful sky is! Blue blue blue!!

ps. my friend and I are planning a trip to see dolphins and whales next year. I think you mentioned to me before that there were dolphins in CA...
Do you know which part in CA where we can see them? oxox

Traveling Mama said...

I loved your photos and your perspective!
Best wishes from Morocco,
Tina
www.travelingmama.net