Wednesday, November 9, 2011

IMG_9129
IMG_9136
IMG_9138

Another little pot that turned out strangely. The outside was supposed to be a matte pale green, the inside a pale blue transparent celadon. The copper in the outside glaze reacted with drips from the inside glaze and turned the pot a strange gray/green/pink. I like the texture, I like how the inner glaze brought out the deposits in the clay...but that pink color...I don't know.

Oh well. Looks cute with the crabapples I bought at the market.

5 comments:

ashley said...

beautiful jennifer!

Megan Taylor said...

I think these are beautiful!

amy h said...

I think they look lovely the way they are! You probably aren't going to get that pale blue celadon color on that type of clay. I've had to learn to be happy with unexpected results when it comes to ceramics!

Vanessa Samp said...

it's lovely!

P R I M O E Z A said...

i think the pot looks lovely. i'm so wanting to take classes, seeing all these gorgeous ceramics around.