Monday, June 15, 2009

Mama's got a brand new bag




Finally finished Anna Maria Horner's "I'll Have One of Everything Bag." You can see a couple more photos on Flickr. With each object I sew, I learn something new. My brain still has to get used to the idea of making something that is 2 dimensional (fabric) into a 3 dimensional object/ garment/ bag/ etc. This was a fun pattern, and I think the bag would be great for going to the farmer's market, or holding your yarn stash/ knitting projects.

*** Bonus recipe ***
Peach Salad
Cut up 1 Roma tomato, 2 small-medium ripe peaches, mix in a bowl with a handful of chopped fresh basil leaves, & a handful of cubed buffalo mozzarella. Season with salt, and drizzle with a nice balsamic vinegar to taste. Enjoy! (serves two as a side dish)

7 comments:

Cheryl Cambras said...

wow, gorgeous!

Janis said...

Your bag is wonderful Jennifer. I love how you make use of fabrics.

The recipe sounds really good too- mozzarella, basil, balsamic vin mix with anything is a winner for me - the summer staple ingredience... xo

Jennifer said...

Thanks you guys!

natsumi said...

Oh, this is a beautiful bag!!! I am so impressed with your sewing technique! I don't think I can make such a complicated one...

camille said...

you're killing me! i want this bag!! i'd carry that at lady in heartbeat! your blog is so ridiculously charming and makes me so happy. xo

Beklina said...

I love this bag!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Angelina! I had fun printing the fabric and making it.