Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Corner View: Music-13 Most Beautiful

Lou Reed


Edie Sedgwick


LinkLinkBaby Jane Holzer

Photo Credit: All photographs by Dean Anes

I've blogged about Dean and Britta before. If I had to pick a favorite band/group right now-it would be Dean and Britta.
My friends Dean, Christine and I went to go see them play last week at the outdoor venue (quintessential California!) Ford Amphitheater.
The performance was a live presentation of Dean and Britta's soundtrack that was commissioned by the Andy Warhol
Museum to accompany 13 of his screen tests that were shot between 1964-66 at the Studio.
It was truly an extraordinary experience. The music perfectly expressed and enhanced the psychological drama of the screen test subjects. Mary Woronov, Warhol Superstar (& one of the screen test subjects included in the presentation ) was there in person to introduce the show. In her introduction she said that she felt the screen tests were living portraits- they were a way for Warhol to observe his subjects without any intrusion. He could sit and watch them privately for as long as he wanted and whenever he wanted. Wow.

It was so good- and went by so quickly! Amazing.

Click here for more musical corner views!

Click here to see more of the 13 Most Beautiful

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Velvet underground ! What a inspiration ! Thanks for this post and have a great day !

Pamela said...

Great post and thanks for the link - it was interesting to watch.

Daan said...

Super!

Joyce said...

Outdoor concerts are the best. Enjoy! xoxo

jane said...

thanks for this and for the link. :)

Janis said...

wow, I would loved to have been there! I could see how the whole event must have been a performance, starting with the city of LA ... very cool Jennifer :)

caitlin said...

Very interesting. I will have to head to Itunes now.

Nicola said...

nice!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

;) said...

Nice shots ! Realy !

Palmer and Co said...

Beautiful photos!

Happy Day!

latisha said...

very cool. thanks for sharing.

epe said...

great post! thank you for sharing! :)

natsumi said...

I love outdoor concerts and these are very cool!

ps. There is also a baby mouse in my kitchen.. Maybe I should get a cat as you recommended. haha!!

Jenell said...

Interesting project.... Sounds like a cool show. I'm not familiar with the musicians. Well, there's Lou Reed, but.... Hmmmm...I'll have to check them out.

Jenell said...

Oh, I see, there was only one band. I went and watched the trailer, and I liked what I heard--folkadelic. :)