Friday, February 27, 2009

1st Shirt







I cut out the pieces for my very first patterned sewing project. It's an A- line smock. The "Smashing Smock" to be exact. The pattern is from Anna Maria Horner's book
"Seams to Me."
I LOVE this book. For a novice like me- it explains everything really well, and makes me feel like I can really complete the projects in the book. Plus the book is full of Anna Maria's gorgeous, colorful, textiles. Wish me luck!

The fabric is Nani Iro Fuccura 2008 by Naomi Ito.

5 comments:

Cheryl Cambras said...

wow, it looks lovely! can't wait to see it finished.

Leslie said...

oh, i'm excited you are sewing clothes. it can get addictive. and i love that nani iro. yep.

Ritva said...

hello you lovely lady,
i have done it!

natsumi said...

I have been sewing a lot too but only straight lines...
Lovely fabric! I can't wait to see your finished piece!

Janis said...

Oooh how fun - love the fabric. This post really makes me miss pattern making and draping...maybe you've inspired me to get back to it. Good luck!