Sunday, September 5, 2010

One Dress, Three Ways.

ERMIE Bling Jersey Dress
Textile design © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2010

ERMIE Bling Jersey Dress

Textile design © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2010

ERMIE Bling Jersey Dress

Textile design © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2010

ERMIE Bling Jersey Dress
Textile design © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2010

One dress- can be worn three ways! My first time working with a knit fabric. Why did I wait so long to sew with knits??

Several things inspired the creation of this dress: All of the caftans worn in the film version of Play It As It Lays, what I learned from making this dress (it's basically two rectangles of fabric sewn together with openings left for the head & arms) and all of those slouchy, over sized Alexander Wang T pieces that I love but don't really want to shell out the cash for.
Mainly, though, the fabric itself inspired the design- this 100% Organic Cotton Jersey is so thick and silky, it drapes so beautifully.
IMG_3087_2
Textile design, photograph © Jennifer Parry Dodge 2010

Detail shot of the ERMIE Bling Print.

My best friends Gian & Sandra brought back some loose Swarovski crystals from their last trip to Europe. I was playing around & taking photographs of the crystals, and the Bling print was the result from this particular shot above. The actual print on the fabric is not as crisp as this photo, but I wanted to give you some idea of what you are looking at ...why I called this the "Bling Print
."

Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!

7 comments:

claire said...

Oh Jennifer the prints of your new collection are really amazing! Fantastic! This dress is so smart and elegant! And it suits you! Bravo!

n said...

You are so creative! I love your dress and the fabric is gorgeous!!!!

erica said...

love the one-shoulder look especially, and what a clever print.

Cheryl Cambras said...

LOVE this fabric. Very lunar. Your fabric really dresses up my blog. :) I'm not sure I'll ever put up another entry. ;)

Janis said...

I love the different variations to this pattern - and you sew so quickly too. You are on a creative roll... :^)

Heather Taylor said...

wow i really love this! would love to see in person

P R I M O E Z A said...

yes, the one shoulder is very glamorous. i could never pull that off!